Friday 30 December 2011

What will I welcome more of?


This week Bella asks, what will I welcome more of in 2012? Well, I have a whole day of reflection planned for tomorrow, which will most certainly lead to another blog post, but the immediate thought that springs to mind is to have many cosy moments by  candle light. When I light candles I am making an effort for myself, I am acknowledging that I need self care. It is like a permission slip to sigh and stop for a few minutes. For candles bring a different kind of light, containing magic and memories and dreams. This light invites me to be still and breathe, to connect to the moment I am in. It allows me to recharge my tired body and mind. 


1 comment:

  1. Hello Melina, I came by to wish you a happy and productive 2012. I also love candles and as soon as I finish writing this, I'll light some in my home here in Breckenridge, CO, and think of you so far away in your own part of the world.

    ReplyDelete